Things I love:
- knitting socks!
So today I thought it would be fun to sort through some of my stash and see if I could find yarn that matches book covers! The kind of yarn that even though the dyer didn’t set out to create book cover themed yarn, they totally did! There are dyers who dye yarns inspired by books, t.v. shows, pop culture, etc but these are just skeins from my stash that reminded me SO much of book covers! Sometimes you finish a book and you don’t want your time with the story to end…so socks inspired by books?! YES!
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell!
- Republic of Wool in Motley!
- The yellow of Eleanor’s shirt, the orange of her hair, the dark parts of Park’s hair, the blue of his shirt! Alternately, this yarn could also work for Flat Out Love but I liked reading E&P better!
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare!
- Stimpylab in Dubliners!
- The glass city at the bottom of the cover is this gray green with all the fire-y angel wings in the background. Also, excellent speckles give the same texture as the cover!
- No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale!
- Madelinetosh in Cathedral!
- I’d get an F at making this list if I didn’t include this book cover, it has a freaking knit sweater on the front! The blue of the title, the purple of the sweater, the pink of the deer and the brown of the rope are all in this skein!
(sorry this cover is so tiny!)
- The Selection by Kiera Cass!
- Plucky Knitter in All Spruced Up!
- You might just have to trust me that this color is an exact match to America’s dress on the cover- this yarn was super tricky to photograph. Plucky always has the most rich and full of depth solids. Also- the name! All Spruced Up! Yup. I went there. ;)
- Teardrop by Lauren Kate!
- Hedgehog Fibres in Dragonfly!
- Oh yes. This is the skein that sparked my curiosity of yarn+book cover matching. I saw Beata post a photo of this skein on facebook and I was instantly like TEARDROPPPPP! And it nails it! The ethereal water-y background of pale blues, aquas and pops of pink. So, so, so PRETTY!
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor!
- Candy Skein in Tardis Tart!
- Oh Karou! That mask! It’s totally ombre and just dreamy! This skein looks like her face with the white title overlay. I loved this story and think it deserved a whimsical skein. Plus the name just makes sense for this book!
So how about you? Can you think of any skeins in your stash that might match book covers?!